[jaws-uk] Re: System Restore

  • From: "Mark Matthews" <mark.matthews53@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:58:29 +0100

Hi Roger,

You can start a system restore in Windows XP in two ways, probably more!
One, go the run dialog and type MSConfig and hit enter.
Tab to the launch system restore button and hit enter.
Or to go the accessories submenu on your programs menu and go into system
tools
and enter on system restore.
On the first page, choose the radio button for restore my computer to an
earlier
Time and press alt N for next.
when you come to the page that has the calendar, as you are arrowing
down the page you will come to the calendar.  As you arrow down, you will
hear something about going to the previous month, then the current month
and year for example August 2002, then about going to the next month.  If
you keep arrowing you will hear sun mon tue wed and so and then you will
come to where it starts reading dates like 1 2 3 4 5 and so on.  When you
find the day of the current calendar month you want to restore to, hit enter
on the date.  Then tab once.  You will hear something about going to the
previous day then arrow down and you will hear the date you picked for
example Thursday August 29, then something about going to the next day.
Then arrow down one more time and you will start hearing the restore points
for that day.  When you are on the one you want to restore to, press alt N
for next.  The next page should come up and ask you to confirm that is the
day and time you want to restore to.

Source:
http://www.jfwlite.com/messagesWindows/Windows%20XP%20-%20System%20Restore.t
xt

Cheers,

Mark

P.S.  You didn't mention your OS, but i was tossing up on it being an NT
flavour of Windows.

Mark Matthews
Cardiff, Wales, UK
E-mail:mark.matthews53@xxxxxxxxxxxx