[jaws-uk] Strange Thing Happened

  • From: Joan Muir <wjmuir.twadugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 10:26:14 -0000

Hi, Folks,

First of all, Robin, thanks for your comments on tutorials.

I downloaded version 6 and merged settings etc. Found it fine.

Next time I booted up the computer I wondered why I wasn't being told the rate
of download which I had found with the new version. On checking out the
versions, I found that both claimed to be 5.1 whatever it is and this was
obviously being run. I therefore uninstalled the older version and everything
is back as it should be.

I have never come across this type of problem when keeping two versions of
Jaws. Why should this be?

It almost looked as if 6.0 was deferring to the earlier version.

Best wishes,

Joan.