[jaws-uk] Spurious characters

  • From: "Mullins, Chris" <Chris.Mullins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Jaws-UK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:07:47 +0100

Hi
On two occasions in the recent past I have asked about '= ' and '=20' being
spuriously inserted into my posts.  Several people have responded saying they
are having the same problem but nobody has given an explanation of why it
occurs and whether anything is being done to fix it.

I normally use the 'Plain Text' setting for my outgoing Emails but as an
experiment, I set it to HTML before I made a post to the list this morning.
Result - no '= ' or '=20' insertions in my text.

Are there any known Jaws difficulties with the HTML format for Emails, as this
seems to solve the problem?

Cheers
Chris

Chris Mullins - Analyst/Programmer
Experian Cardpac Multi Team
Telephone 0115 828 6469

This e-mail has come from Experian, winner of the UK's 'Business of the Year'
2003 and 2005.

Information in this e-mail and any attachments are confidential, and may not be
copied or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed to any third
party without our permission. There is no intention to create any legally
binding contract or other binding commitment through the use of this electronic
communication unless it is issued in accordance with the Experian Limited
standard terms and conditions of purchase or other express written agreement
between Experian Limited and the recipient Experian Limited (registration
number 653331) Registered office: Talbot House, Talbot Street, Nottingham NG80
1TH

Although Experian has taken reasonable steps to ensure that this communication
and any attachments are free from computer virus, you are advised to take your
own steps to ensure that they are actually virus free.