[jaws-uk] Re: Speech and sounds manager help

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:05:40 +0100

Hi Matthew and all,

Thanks a lot for the instructions, Matthew, but I still can't get Jaws to use the sound I specify while in (Say All) mode i.e. (Insert + Down Arrow). If I navigate a document line by line using the up and down arrows, Jaws switches voices otherwise it doesn't. I even tried using and editing the Proofreading (Attributes and Fonts Info) scheme but that didn't do the trick either. I started to wonder if Jaws can actually switch voices on the fly? But I can't see why not as it does when encountering a text in quotes and some other situations too. I've almost red everything in the help files but couldn't find an answer. However, your instructions did half the job as it were, and helped me to understand the Sounds Scheme dialog box better. At least now I kind of know what I am doing!

Hope you or someone else can help with this matter or suggest an alternative method to get what I want out of Jaws. I ran out of ideas!

TIA,

Amro
----- Original Message ----- From: "Matthew Horspool" <drjaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>