[jaws-uk] Sp3 Kaspersky and laptop

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 10:08:36 +0100

Hi List,
 I got away with no after effects on my Desktop  Kaspersky was still
according to Belark doing "real time scanning, however after the rather
prolonged download of Sp3 on laptop  Kaspersky got  turned off and  computer
said I had no protection.  Was mention of a Balloon to click on, no idea how
to  find balloon, is there  a trick to  clicking on balloons. Last night I
think I may have got Kaspersky back for a bit, remember  this Anti-virus
will not speak to screen readers,  I only think  the above because my
Computer said something about "a key log tracker, it meant my key strokes
were being followed.

I once pointed this out to the Engineer at Geeko's when he set Kaspersky
up. The key log tracker was of course Jaws! So  whatever he did he had to
make Kaspersky not  think Jaws was  a nasty bit of work. However this
morning  as Kaspersky is not  active at all and I may have to contact the
engineer I will work with it off, what are the risks please if I do  go on
line  with Laptop  temporarily. I will have  some security I think  from the
Wireless Router and Ms own Security, but the fact the computer told me last
night "your computer is at risk that would be Microsoft telling me that?  On
Friday evening at 8 pm  Kaspersky is set up to do a full scan, so far it
has done this. I wonder  if I wait until 8 pm tonight if the laptop will  do
a full scan and fix itself. Since  Geekos the firm who love Kaspersky so
much would like it to work with Screen Readers  I and  others like Norman
Waddington have been trying to get Ant-virus products to work  with screen
Readers, I guess we are on a hiding to nothing but we thought if we were
actual users of the product we may have a better chance of  applying
pressure

Well how else can we get changes  that are asking  not much just that any
screen Reader should be able to expect a Anti-virus  product to work with
us.

Dorothy