[jaws-uk] Sorry this may be off-topic for some groups.

  • From: Colin Howard <colin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dummy@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 22:07:02 +0100

Greetings,

I am on the GoldWave4TheBlind list, where, for a while we have received some
spam of the type shown below.

I have been given to understand Roger South is the list owner and as such, I
have sent a private message to him, plus a public one to the list about
stopping this kind of post and have not received acknowledgement to my
posts. I have offered assistance should he require.

I am wondering if anybody can contact him privately other than by email, to
alert him of the problem and ask him to act to sort it out.

I have sent this to many groups to some of which I am aware he subscribes.
I have also been in touch with the owner of a list roger assisted in setting
up who has advised they will privately contact roger.

I cannot recall having seen any messages from Roger South for a while and
wonder if he may be ill or something?

The kind of messages we are now receiving on the group follow much the
pattern of the one pasted below.

To: goldwave4theblind <goldwave4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gwave] Turn your PC into an ATM & start getting paid $500  a day
From: joette galle <joettegalle23w@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 05:56:20 -0700 (PDT)

Turn your PC into an ATM & start getting paid $500  a day!$7,500(+)
per month from Home. Automated Daily Income. No Selling. No Calling.
No MLM.
http://www.easyinternetbiz.net/index.html
18:10:00
From Colin Howard, who  lives near Southampton in