[jaws-uk] Re: Something very anoying in the new update

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 10:32:11 +0100

I have tried Jaws 7.10 with both Google.com and Google UK as well.  Niether
have a visible prompt but just the edit field itself, they have added the field
label more recently.  My Jaws 7.10 announces "Google Search Edit" only the once
in speech which is exactly what it should do.
I anyone else experiencing this problem with this site?

Also perhaps try eliminating any settings out of the equation as well.
1    Open Start > Run.
2    Type in the command line "Jaws71 /default" and press enter.  You will hear
the Jaws window pop up but it's not a new copy of Jaws.
3    Press insert+F4 and remove Jaws.
4    Then press windows+R for "run" and press enter again, this will load Jaws
fresh running purely on defaults rather than user settings.
The above assumes your PC remembers it's command line entries for the run
command, in some environments this is disabled, that being the case you would
have to enter the command line in with no speech.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support