[jaws-uk] Re: Something very anoying in the new update

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:22:41 +0100

If you locate the first of those number entry boxes and press tab does it
reliably go round those and tell you what they are from there.  This I think is
what the David was having problems with.  He seemed to be suggesting that
either the positioning was random and/or not being announced correctly.
The page I use to get into my bank does this all on the same page to let you go
in, however my credit card does the same sort ot thing in three pages which
seems less fun.  I don't know whether this is security based or simply they
thought that the best form of design.  Personally the way Nationwide do it is
very civilised I even found a hidden link for screen reader users describing
the last significant change to the sign in page.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support