[jaws-uk] Re: Silencing reading of tool tips?

  • From: "David" <david.tregellas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 13:32:52 -0000

Hi Catherine,

I've just had a look in the Speech and Sounds Manager and found where I
think the Tool Tip thing can be silenced.  Try this.

Go into the appropriate application.
Insert F2
Cursor down once to Configuration Manager and enter
Alt S for Set Options
M for Speech and Sounds Manager
Alt E for an edit field and press enter
Ctrl tab once to get to Control Type.
Press T until you get to Tool Tip
Tab once and then cursor up once to "Ignore".
Tab to Ok and enter
Tab again to Ok, enter and save changes.

I hope it works for you.

I keep going on about this Speech and Sounds Manager.  It's worth exploring.

Regards

David