[jaws-uk] Re: Should Jaws be turned off when sighted people use our computers?

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 00:23:34 +0100

Hallo again
I think what depressed me most of all today although it was success after 2
years of trying to  get the right  Driver for my desktop  was that in the
end it was necessary for 2 sighted skilful people using a mouse and Jaws off
to do it,  I could hear "look for the small bubble and       picture of
man
on racing bike, it meant  that at neither end could any Vip  do the
job. Regarding Visitors  I  rather think Forms Mode is aprotective mesure ,
but if as was said on the list in the last few days is that what Jaws is
saying is not related to what is being displayed on a screen I had not
realised that before. I always said to them learn Windows key strokes
anyway. A lady at my local Bank is not Vip  she uses a computer all day but
never touches a mouse it hurts her wrist, so I suppose if I  asked Virginia
at bank to try a Jaws Demo she would be lost, I had not understood that before
Dorothy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karen Burgess" <karen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>