[jaws-uk] Re: Should Jaws be turned off when sighted people use our computers?

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 16:22:34 +0100

Hi may I add a word here this morning with the Driver Issue Jaws had to be turned off completely and it needed a sighted person at both ends, I observed and no Vip at the other end could do the job of sending a succession of Drivers unless both parties were sighted. I asked about this since I know their Support down in Worcester has a couple of Vip techy's sometimes in difficult circumstances where a problem like mine was involved sight matters. At least I proved with certainty that the Duff driver was not Jaws but the driver that works between one bit of software and another that are by different makers. It is not simple I got an Independent Video card on good advice but on my humble laptop Lunar ran No problem why is having the best Video card independent of Motherboard with its own memory the cause It should be a benefit since it does not use the computers own resources ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>