[jaws-uk] Scanner loud rattle thismorning what risk to turningiton help!

  • From: "dorothy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <User@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 17:43:48 +0100

I put it on scanner this morning Epson Perfection 1652  I think flatbed
twain for use with OCR. Now it has done this before but it is just that I do
not know the risk of turning on again.The fact is it has been cleaned  last
year by Tony Berry in November as he said  there was dirt under the glass it
was cleaned 2 times before and was told the roller gets dry, Tony said it
depends on well sealed a scanner is  when one of you on this list said you
had a scanner for three years and never had it cleaned. I do not do batch
scanning as one of you asked that I recall,  Ok I will have to  cough up for
a new one as it is three and a bit years old or have it cleaned but what I
want to know is the noise is so truly terrifying, like a machine gun rat rat
rat berry fast. I have been plucking up courage to turn it on again, but
what is the worst that can happen? I mean can it blow up or explode,.I have
felt at the back all feels ok any ideas please need to scan my mail!
Dorothy.
 I have left a message onTony answering machine but he  may not be around.Do
not tell me to  ask a neighbour no one around only me, can you give me a
safe practical tip please Dorothy.