[jaws-uk] Sandra's Short Accessibility Survey.

  • From: Sandra Gayer <sandragayer7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 11:22:13 +0100

Hello everyone,
It's been a while since I posted although I have been reading recent
threads with a lot of interest.

I'm writing because I’ve been frustrated many times over the last
couple of years by
companies selling products online. It’s mainly the lack of
accessibility in relation to their websites and digital products which
gets to me.
I have a product idea which will make mainstream companies more aware
of us as an important community that spends money online. I’d really
value your help and if you complete the survey within seven days, I’ll
post the results of the survey to the list. There’s an awful lot we
can do with this survey:
*I want to help my local advocacy group make their case that there’s a
lot of money that companies are missing out on as a result of their
ignorance about us as a consumer group.
*The Radio station I work at, (Insight Radio), would be able to make
this a focal point, drawing over 100000 people’s attention to
accessibility issues as something they can make a difference in.
*Given that 2015 is the 800th anniversary of the signing of The Magna
Carta, it wouldn’t be too difficult for me to get some press
attention. (The Freedom from Discrimination Act).

What I have to say will only be news worthy if enough of us take
action. By doing this, we will make these companies sit up and take
notice but the more of us who respond, the better!

Here’s the link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YmbOxm4_jPOBOpN6GOyCWzeK_HgUANrgJkVlForV_JU/edit#

I know it may appear as two lines but if you paste it into a fresh web
page, it will open properly.

By the way it is a 10 minute survey, (with thinking time included),
and I filled it out myself with a Braille stopwatch so I can say that
with experience, hee hee!
Thank you again,
Sandra.

On 6/3/15, jon apple sead <065jas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,
Microsoft security esenchals is the best tool for the job. You can run it on
any machine. But not windows 8 and higher. For that use built in windows
defender tool.
Thank you
Alex Roach

co-moderator of the general blind technology list gbt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. To
subscribe please send an email to gbt-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. List gbt is
ment for any general blind technology. Thank you.

On 1 Jun 2015, at 06:08, oggy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Kevin, the easiest thing, if not perhaps the best, is to search Google
for the download of Microsoft Security Essentials.
It'll run quite happily and not nag you for anything.

On 31/05/2015 22:39, kevin wrote:
Hi can anybody point me in the right direction for an anti virus software
that is compatible with jaws. Obviously user friendly and if so where
can I download it. Many thanks in advance. Kev

Soprano Singer
www.sandragayer.com

Broadcast Presenter

www.insightradio.co.uk/music-box.html