[jaws-uk] Re: Safety First.

  • From: "martin wilsher" <m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 23:07:50 -0000

HI Dorothy:

If I read your message correctly, you are concerned about power surges and
the way these might affect your pc?  Well, you can buy surge protected
extension leads for your computer, as well as a surge protector which will
protect your phone line if you can find one like that.  I've seen one, but
it was for a fifty six kb connection and not ADSL broadband.  If there is a
storm, disconnect your landline phones and pc from the wall and use a mobile
for communication during the storm, as that way you are minimising the risk
to your electrical property.  I cannot speak for the integrity of the mobile
networks during a storm, so the mobile idea might not be a good one.  maybe
just keep one phone connected for emergency use?

just my thoughts.

Hope to hear from you soon.

from Martin.

Please email me at:

m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks.

if you're interested in discussing everything soft toy animal related,
please visit my group at:

http://groups.msn.com/thesofttoyanimalcollectorsgroup

please visit my website:

www.martin-wilsher.co.uk