[jaws-uk] Re: SEPARATING JAWS SPEECH FROM SOUND CARD

  • From: "Adrian Higginbotham" <adrian.higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:02:57 -0000

Sorry wendy - wasn't following the early part of this thread, what
version of jaws are you using, where the ability to change synth
settings has changed in latter versions, in version 8 for example in the
jaws application window, under the utilities menu, select the
synthesizer and braille manager item.  In earlier versions I would
expect that these functions are still found in the jaws maintenance
area.  Certainly in this version if I select to install a dectalk 32 I
am prompted to set the parameters for the device including the output
port.  Maybe try looking again at the settings area for individual
synths to see if you can set this value.

Adrian Higginbotham
Project manager, Standards

British Educational Communications and Technology Agency - BECTA
Tel: Direct dial 024 7679 7333 - Becta switchboard 02476-416994.

Email: Adrian.Higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.becta.org.uk/
BECTA, Millburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7JJ=20