[jaws-uk] SAPI 4 and 5

  • From: "keith" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws Group" <Jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:42:07 +0100

Dear All,

Jaws 610, XP.

I have SAPI 5 installed, but am not at all happy with Microsoft's Sam, which
appears to be the only voice, apart, of course, from Eloquence.

I am having to use Sam, unfortunately, as I need a voice to play various
games.

When I used Windows 98, I had the choice of both Mary and Mike, and both of
these were hugely preferable to Sam.

Anyone know, please, if there's any way of ditching Sam in favour of Mary
and Mike?

Thank you.

With best wishes,

Keith