[jaws-uk] Re: S M A's

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:01:31 -0000

This is not an unusual situation by any means where American
products are concerned, and mostly reflects the state of the
American economy right now.

I have the same situation right now in relation to the
Cakewalk Sonar software which many of you use.  In the
States, it is advertised at $299, while here in the U.K. it
costs around $400, or £229.

Just look at the price of CDs here compared to the States,
where they are half the price.

But then companies like ourselves cannot "sneak under the
wire" with importing goods from abroad.  We do have to pay
freight, and before it even gets out of the Customs shed, we
have to part with 17.5% VAT, not to mention Customs Duty of
5% or even higher for electronic goods.

As many of you who have known me for some time know, I have
fought the Dollar - Pound war for a very long time.  I won't
go into the cost analysis here, but please be assured that
in this case, were you all to start dealing directly with
the States for SMA's, within 12 months, you'd all be begging
for control to return to the U.K.

George.

newsletter?

> One of the items in that newsletter concerns taking out a
new
> S M A. If the user is using version 7.0, and buys an S M A
by
> 31 December, they can purchase it at a special price of
$120.
> After 31 December, the price will go up to $180.
>
> I was invited in November by S&S to take out a new S M A,
in
> the princely sum of £125, which had to be renewed by, I
> think, 12 December.
>
> I duly paid this sum on 30 November.
>
> Consider my surprise, therefore, to read in the newsletter
of
> the dollar price. At a mid-rate of $1.7390 to the pound,
this
> equates to roughly £69.
>
> I rang S&S this morning to enquire the position. The
person I
> spoke to knew nothing of this dollar price, but said it
> probably applied to America. I pointed out that FS
supplied
> products worldwide, and would he please get in touch with
FS,
> and then ring me. I await a phone call.
>
> I'd be interested to read what others think.
>
> With best wishes,
>
> Keith

link:-
[mailto:jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]