[jaws-uk] Reply to Keith

  • From: "Roger Fordham" <Roger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 20:46:58 -0000

Hi Keith,

I sent the following to Nlbuk.

Cheers

Roger

All I can say is, "Quite so.". I asked a few friends of mine to listen to a
representative sample of the books and voices. Their universal comment was:
"How the hell can you listen to that." It says it all. It's a waste of
valuable time, and I will not fill up their forms asking various questions;
they are all irrelevant. The voices are awful, so all the rest matters not a
jot. What a disappointment it is! If the people at Nlb had bothered to
listen, even for a few paragraphs, to each book, they should have realized
that the whole quality of voice synthesis presentation is unacceptable. Full
stop. End of project. Stop treating the blind as second-class, who will put
up with
anything, people. They wouldn't listen to this crap for a second; why should
we!

Cheers in real anger,

Roger

Roger@xxxxxxxxxxx