[jaws-uk] Re: Repeated application title

  • From: oggy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 18:24:42 +0100

Veronica. Can't help you. Just one of Jaws' annoying features. All I
can suggest is pushing the ctrl key which normally shuts Jaws up. But
this won't fix it.

As for your other problem about Jaws not echoing words, because you are
typing too fast, all I can suggest there is that you increase the voice
rate, but it's doubtful if this will do it.

Tiddy.

On 23/06/2015 12:25, Veronica Whymant wrote:

Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a setting to stop JAWS repeatedly
announcing the title of an application when you switch to the open
window? For example, if I am working with several windows at once (a
Word doc, a spreadsheet and a pdf) and I need to keep switching from one
to the other, JAWS will not just announce the application title once but
THREE times!! It is incredibly annoying...
Many thanks,
Veronica