[jaws-uk] Re: Removing tables from msword

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 19:19:53 -0000

Hi Jim,

Place your cursor anywhere inside the table.  From the Table menu in
Word 2003, go to "Select" and then "Table".  This will highlight the
entire table.

Again from the Table menu, select "Convert", and then "Table to Text".

A dialog comes up, and it is important to select what character or
command you wish to use to separate the columns.  Personally, I
usually use "Tab", since if I wish, I can later replace the tab
character with whatever I want.

Basically your table is now gone, and you have a text version of the
same thing.

George.