[jaws-uk] Re: Removing IE8

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 17:51:23 +0100

In XP it SHOULD be under W for Windows Internet Explorer 8 in the
normal Add Remove Programs dialog.

However, in Vista, it is considered to be an "Update", and therefore
you need to select "View Installed Updates" from the links to the left
of the list of installed programs.

WARNING:  On some systems it can take quite a while to populate the
list of programs and/or updates.  And if you are looking at the
Updates list, locate the column heading and right click on it. From
the pop up menu, select "Name", which will alphabetise the list making
it easier to find "Windows Internet Explorer 8".

George.