[jaws-uk] Re: Real Player also.

  • From: "Bill Teale" <bill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 19:34:31 -0500

Real player has one big problem, which is, in the very words of one of their
technical support managers, they are "run by the marketing department".

Technically speaking, real audio is groundbreaking, and for years real audio
have been expanding the possibilities of what can be done with streaming
online audio and video. It really is a great product to work with (which I
do every single day).

On the bad side, it can be intrusive. The marketers want to know a lot about
you before getting the free player, making installation more complex than it
should be, but a lot of computers nowadays are coming with real player
already installed. The one thing that really sticks in my throat is the way
that it opens up little windows once you have used the program to listen to
something.

The down sides can be over come, and if anybody is interested, e-mail me off
list and I will work out a step by step way to take that pop up screen off.

Because of real audio I can provide a website that needs no screen reader.
Here's the address.

www.pressakey.net

Bill Teale.