[jaws-uk] Re: Reading Tables in Windows Command Line Interface (JAWS 9.0)

  • From: "Hina Keval" <hinakeval@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 16:33:50 +0100

Hi Graham,

We are using the Windows Command Line Interface (CLI) to connect to a
software which allows us to configure network storage devices (RAIDs). This
software program can be accessed via most command prompts (such as the
Windows CLI). There are many commands where we can display information in
table form (the table in CLI appears as text only of course but there are
spaces between headers and cells displaying the output.
JAWS reads these table outputs non-stop, and we are wondering whether we can
tell JAWS to read these outputs as a tables (cell by cell) and indicate that
it has reached the end of a line. Commas in cells also is interpreted by
JAWS as a pause, when in fact a comma is used in the software to illustrate
a comma and to allow the data to be exported to a comma separated file.

I can email screen shots to illustrate if that's easier?

Hina.

--
Regards

Hina Keval.