[jaws-uk] Re: Re Bryan carver

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:15:15 -0000

Hi Dorothy,

You must have hit insert and spacebar together, and this produces JAWS
Home row Mode.  You don't want that, so you hit insert and spacebar
again to turn Home Row Mode off.  (It's a technical area of JAWS that
tells JAWS more about Windows, Window handles, etc.)  BTW, the word is
ANSI - American National Standards Institute - and ANSI is the name of
one of the main character value sets that Windows uses.