[jaws-uk] Rashmi Dbx and strange happenings.

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 01:59:10 -0000

sorry I should have said Andrew Hodgson. Andrew is now on BCAb list. he
understood the way Tony had sent over to my laptop some time ago  a
collection of files they were all stored as Dbx files. Tony BE. Rnib
volunteer now gone to live-in France  sent them all back to desktop and they
were in what was called 'archived mail' Tony couldn't get them open and was
hunting for a free Dbx extractor along with  others. However  it did not
need that they needed importing back into O.E  and Andrew Hodgson talked
through that on Friday night. I was astonished to see dozens of files from
the past. All  predating my Hardrive failure on desktop.  I have been
sorting them out and deciding which to keep. Andrew sent me in off list how
they got  the Dbx extension , as I couldn't understand  why or how  I am not
sure why Tony thought I needed an extractor. Sorry to be late in clarifying
but I have been absorbed and  did not notice the time.  The files were not
damaged in any way but  could not read them it did try. Been a bit of a
wild goose goose chase looking for a free extractor, in my case that is. I don't
know about Damon, and only hope he got to New York and got his booking
details out of his Dbx. Andrew is working so hard he has terrible exams on
Friday next.  We hope all goes well, he can have a Reader but not a screen
Reader 'reasonable Adjustment' they say, surely reasonable is a Vip being
allowed to have a screen reader, still that is what they say. Not sure what
Cisco seam.
sorry Cisco examinations are like but, imagine are pretty tough. Is a screen Reader for a Vip a luxury? is it going to put a Vip at an unfair advantage to a sighted person? Oh Well see the hour is late Dorothy.