[jaws-uk] RECORDING EXCEL MACROS

  • From: "pele West" <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:34:57 +0100

Hi everyone

Is there anyone out there who can advise me on the strange ways of JAWS
and recording Excel macros.

Recently I have been developing macros containing filters. I turn on
the Autofilterfor a particular column, open the Customise menu and
create the condition.  The correct columns are selected but the PC
locks up and the only way out is to reboot.  I have got round the
problem by coding the Visual Basic using an example created by one of
my colleagues.

Once the macro is created it runs without a hitch and the correct
records are selected.

This problem occurs using JAWS 4.50,4.51, 5.10 with Windows 98 Se and
Excel 2000 and also JAWS 5.10 with Windows XP and Excel 2003.

Any thoughts?

Oeke West