[jaws-uk] RAM and the Internet

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws-uk" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 11:32:12 +0100

Hi All

I won't go into the details, but I purchased a desktop Acer some months ago and
somehow between the company I purchased it from and their repairs company
(arrived faulty) half of my 1GB of RAM disappeared. Neither side would take
responsibility, but the company I purchased it off did send me the replacement
RAM to get fitted. I am in the process of arranging to have a further 1GB of
RAM fitted so I will have 1536MB.

My question is: I am having a lot of problems recently using the Internet.
Pages take ages to load and sometimes when I type in an address and press
Enter, I get nothing and have to close down it's taking so long. When I use the
cursors nothing is spoken and pressing the Tab only reads the address I have
typed in. This problem gets worse in the evenings when the computer has been
running most of the day. Is this due to the low RAM (512MB) or could it be
caused by another problem? I have Eset Smart Security running, so don't think
there are any nasties getting in. It's just making any kind of online work
pointless.

If I knew it was the RAM it would be fine as it's getting sorted in the next
few days.

Thanks for any advice.

Barbara

Get listed, network or find a business at an online directory of businesses
owned and run by disabled people and associated support and advisory
organisations:
www.barkingbabs.co.uk