[jaws-uk] R: Problems with jaws eight.

  • From: "R. Portal" <robertmartin.portal@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:50:54 +0100

Dear martin,

All I can really offer is my sympathy.  In your position I would first
try a Jaws repair and then check that the video card driver is the
latest up-date.   I once found that after a crash Windows had installed
its own drivers when rebooting which Jaws did not like at all.

I expect you've already done the above.  I have similar problems to
those you describe with Jaws 8 but then I couldn't install 7 at all.  I
think my problems are likely to be system related following the failure
of my original hard drive - I'm hoping that things will work better
after a reformat and fresh installation of XP.  If not I think I too may
be tempted to try an alternative screen reader.

Best wishes

Robert