[jaws-uk] R: Jaws video intercept problem

  • From: "RMPortal" <robertmartin.portal@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 22:31:08 +0100

Dear Jamie,

I think relying on windows update to get the right drivers is not likely to
be successful - you need to check the web site of the manufacturer of your
graphics card to check whether you have the most up-to-date ones.

Secondly, it might be worth going through the various property pages to
check you haven't got the card set for something exotic like multiple
monitors (unlikely but worth checking).
Another thing might be worth considering is uninstalling Jaws and sp3,
installing jaws and then re-installing sp3 - if you're desperate that is and
have sighted help.

The solution I found to a similar (but more severe problem) is unlikely to
be much help - I installed a demo version of the Italian jaws (which seems
to install its own drivers and not the video intercept).  This was a stable
installation and I then installed English jaws 10 over it and everything (or
almost everything) has been going fine ever since.

Good luck and you have my heart-felt sympathy.

Robert