[jaws-uk] R: BBC iPlayer problem

  • From: "RMPortal" <robertmartin.portal@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 10:05:43 +0200

Dear John,

I cannot be sure but your problems may be connected with the BBC's
introduction of a new version of the I player which has received a very
mixed reception even among its sighted users.

My only suggestion is a bit of a cop out if you want to do everything in the
way a sighted person would but it works for me - try downloading Webbie,
advertised as "the web browser for the blind" at
www.webbie.org.uk

I should add that I use it almost exclusively for the excellent and easy
access it gives to the BBC, still using Internet Explorer for most of my
other browsing.

Best wishes

Robert