[jaws-uk] R: Alternate language versions.

  • From: "R. Portal" <robertmartin.portal@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:56:32 +0200

Dear Tink,

As you are probably aware, if you just change the synthesizer language
on an English versionof jaws it will pronounce output generated by text,
jaws itself and the operating system in the accent of the relevant
language but nothing else changes.
It is indeed, possible to get hold of language versions of Jaws other
than English where default pronunciation (thus the synthesizer language)
is in the relevant language but so is also Jaws output.  This means that
elements such as punctuation, numbersand messages from Jaws are also in
that language.  My experience of Italian Jaws was that
It was also at times behind English Jaws in version numbers  (and so
lacking newly introduced features).  This may have improved recently.

Best wishes

Robert