[jaws-uk] Problems with wireless on laptop

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws-uk" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:28:50 -0000

Not quite a JAWS query, but I hope it's okay and that someone can help me.

When I switch on the laptop now I am getting the message "IP Helper has stopped
working". I am given an option to go online to search for a solution, but the
problem is that I can't go online. The wireless seems to have stopped working
and it won't pick up my wireless network. The problem isn't with the router as
I can access it on my phone. Any ideas what the problem might be and could I
fix it without resorting to paying someone to put it right?

The laptop is an Acer with Windows Vista.

Barbara

Get listed, network or find a business at an online directory of businesses
owned and run by disabled people and associated support and advisory
organisations:
www.barkingbabs.co.uk