[jaws-uk] Re: Problems with reading Word with the latest Jaws update

  • From: "Peter Bentley" <bentleypdlists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 14:56:34 +0100

Keith

I also run XP Home with the latest JAWS update and Office 2000.

I have experienced problems in a particular Word document that did not occur before the latest update. The file has headings and bullet points etc. These are being identified but not the text.

Tristram from Sight and Sound indicated that it is probably because Office 2000 is too old to be fully supported by Freedom Scientific.

I have been able to get round the problem by opening the file in WordPad - of course the structure of the document is lost but at least it is readable.

Peter Bentley
----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith" <k.clyde@xxxxxxxxxxxx>