[jaws-uk] Re: Problems with jaws eight.

  • From: TIDDYogg <oggy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 21:16:45 +0000

Alexander, are you telling us that Jaws 8 is perfect on your system?
I've just installed the latest update, (1136) and a lot of the problems regarding lack of speech are sorted, but it still doesn't find edit boxes on web pages properly. for me.
Alexander Shannon wrote:
Hi Martin,

to keep this on a Jaws theme, I would hesitate to suggest that the problem may be a clash between your graphics card or video card and versions of Jaws 8. I say this because I am using an Acer laptop at present running Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) and Jaws version 8.0.1163 Unicode. I am sorry not to be able to give you the exact specifications of my video or graphics cards but as I said it may be best to get some help to see if either your video or graphics cards have any issues with Jaws 8.

I hope this helps.

Alexander Shannon