[jaws-uk] Re: Problems With Jaws 6.0 - Further Information

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:27:13 -0000

Hi Caroline,

This potentially could open up a hornet's nest in so much as
there are various errors reported on Microsoft's Knowledge
Base for Stop Error 0x0000001E and WIN32K.SYS.  Not knowing
what applications you are running, other than JAWS, it's
probably best for you to look up the Microsoft KB yourself,
and see if you recognise any named applications.  I did this
myself by doing a search for "+0x0000001E +WIN32K
+0xC0000005". (No quotes)  Be careful using the error
parameters in parenthesis - they can vary.

That should keep your system guys busy for a few minutes.

(By the way, I somehow doubt it's a JAWS issue, though that
may simply speed up the occurrence of the error.)

George.

Information

> Hello,
>
> Following George's suggestion yesterday to turn off the
> automatic re-boot of my PC when a system failure occurs, I

> have just had a blue screen after using Jaws 6.0 for about

> four hours.  It is always after approximately this length
of
> time that Jaws 6.0 slows down dramatically and then
re-boots
> the PC, but now I have made the suggested change, we were
> able to write down the contents of the blue screen, which
are
> as follows:
>
>       STOP : 0x0000001E (0xC0000005, 0xA001FA95,
0x00000001,
> 0x00000048)
>       XMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
>       Address A001FA95 base at A0000000, Date Stamp
3cdb4146
> - win32K.sys
>       Beginning dump of physical memory .....contact your
> system administrator....
>
> I hope this makes sense to someone and might shed some
light
> on why my system seems to dislike Jaws 6.0 so much.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Caroline.

**
> ***************************
> Confidentiality: This communication contains information
> which is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is

> for the exclusiveuse of the intended recipient(s).  If you

> are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any
> distribution, copying or use ofthis communication or the
> information in it is strictly prohibited.
>
> If you have received this communication in error, please
> notify the sender immediately and then destroy any copies
of it.

> Opinions, conclusions and other information in this
> e-mailthat do not relate to the official business of North

> Lincolnshire Councilshall be understood as neither given
nor
> endorsed by it.
>
> Communications will be monitored regularly to improve our
> service and for security and regulatory purposes and
> therefore you should neither expect nor intend any e-mail
> be private in nature.
>
> Viruses: please remember that the Internet is not a 100%
> secure communications medium. Although we have taken steps
> ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from
> viruses, we advise that in keeping with good computing
> practice the recipient(s) should satisfy themselves that
it
> is free from any virus or other harmful component as we do

> not accept responsibility for any loss or damage it may
cause