[jaws-uk] Problem with scansoft realspeak voices and jaws.

  • From: "martin wilsher" <m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 19:02:11 +0100

Hi list:

I am using JAWS Version 8.0.2107u, and have the following issue with
scansoft voices and reading text in microsoft word.  When the reading comes
to quotes, the voice says something like quote, the train ran down the
track,quote.  Elequence doesn't announce the quotation marks at all.
Testing the voices in other aps such as text aloud rules out that this
problem is with the voice itself, as no quotation marks are spoken when
reading with text aloud and scansoft voices.  I would be very greatful if
someone could suggest a solution to this, as hearing quote all the time in
text is a pain.

Thanks.

Hope to hear from you soon.

From Martin.

Please email me at:

m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks

Please visit my website:

www.martin-wilsher.co.uk

E-mail message checked by PC Tools Spyware Doctor (5.0.0.182)
Database version: 5.07200
http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/