[jaws-uk] Problem with JAWS 11 and Outlook 2007

  • From: "Alison Evans" <alison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 11:26:02 +0100

Hello

Is anybody else experiencing this problem?  I am running the latest
version of JAWS 11.0.1430  Pro, XP Pro and  Outlook 2007.

When reading an open email which contains a web link or email address in
the body of the email, the email reads fine until my cursor arrives on
the link.   Outlook then crashes and the system wants to report the
error to Microsoft. On most occasions Outlook will then reload, but
there are times when Jaws cannot read the window, and it is impossible
to tab to it to close the Window. On these occasions Jaws stops speaking
and my Braille display stops working to.

I did report the error to Sight and Sound and followed their advice to
uninstall Jaws and reload it from a fresh download of the product. But
this  has not made any difference.  As a result, I have reverted back to
JAWS 10 which is working fine.

Any help or advice would be greatly received as this  is   really
frustrating.

Alison Evans

This e-mail is intended for the addressee only and any files transmitted
with it are intended for the sole use of the individual or organisation
to whom they are addressed.
This e-mail may contain software viruses, which could damage your
computer system.  Whilst Blatchington Court Trust has taken reasonable
precautions to minimise this risk, it cannot accept liability for any
damage. You should carry out your own virus checking procedure.