[jaws-uk] Re: Problem Upgrading from JAWS 12 Beta to JAWS 12 Release

  • From: "John Burling" <j.burling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 11:55:13 +0100

Hi Jonathan. Thanks for the excellent advice, which did the trick. However,
I have an additional twist to report.

Because I'd turned off JAWS, I got the sound clip telling me to hit Enter to
continue with the installation. I had decided to run Narrator to gain
additional feedback on what was happening. Suddenly, a dialog was displayed
saying that JAWS 40-minute mode had expired. I dismissed this dialog by
clicking OK, and the installation proceeded with no further problem. I was
asked to reboot, and after the restart, JAWS 12 build 512 was active and
authorised (because I have an SMA). But unlike with the normal full JAWS
install process, JAWS didn't run during the install itself.

Cheers.

John