[jaws-uk] Re: Print view and word

  • From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 09:00:02 +0100

Tom,

I've seen this happen on some people's machines, and there doesn't seem
to be a setting that will sort it out, or another way of saying that is
you're doing what is supposed to sort it out, but it isn't working.

One thing you could try is setting up a macro to put any document that
is opened into Normal View.

In order to do this, open an existing document that is in Print View.

Press Alt + T to open the Tools menu.

Press M to open the Macro submenu.

DownArrow to Record New Macro and press Enter.

Type the name AutoOpen for the macro, and press Enter. Note that the
name of the macro is one word even if JAWS pronounces it as if it were
two; I've put a capital A and a capital O in it so that JAWS pronounces
it better.

Press Alt + V to open the View menu.

Press Enter to choose Normal.

Press Alt + T to open the Tools menu.

Press M to open the Macro submenu.

DownArrow to Stop Recording and press Enter.

You're done.  The AutoOpen macro is run every time a document is opened,
so you should find that every document appears in Normal View.

A couple of other points while I'm at it.  First is that you can add
other things to the macro that you might always want, for instance, you
could set zoom to 75%.

Second is that this macro runs on files that are opened with Control + O
or from File, Open.  If you create a new file with Control + N or from
File, New, that's a different matter.  You need a macro called AutoNew
to deal with new files.

Have fun,

---
Steve Griffiths,
IT Trainer, Access Technology Support Unit
Royal National Institute of the Blind
105 Judd Street
London WC1H 9NE
Tel: 020 7391 2232