[jaws-uk] PowerBraille with Jaws 6.2

  • From: "Caroline Ford" <caroline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 15:16:06 +0100

Hello,

In every version of Jaws I have tried up until 6.2, the PowerBraille 65/80
which I use at work has been very responsive, and as soon as I cursor down
to a new line, the Braille has updated and is there waiting to be read.

Since installing Jaws 6.2 though, the PowerBraille has been very slow to
update.  On occasions, the speech has finished reading the new line before
the Braille has completely updated.

I have tried playing with the Braille settings to see if there is anything
which can be done to improve matters, but nothing seems to have made a
difference.  I have had to switch back to Jaws 6.1 in order to get the
performance from the Braille which I have got used to, but I'd be interested
to hear if anyone else has experienced the same problem and whether you've
found a way round it.

Thanks,

Caroline.