[jaws-uk] Pop-up blocker

  • From: "Scott Wood" <scott.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws list" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 17:05:30 +0100

Hi there

Having just upgraded my PC to XP SP2, I have for the first time come across the
IE built-in pop-up blocker.

There are certain sites where I want the pop-ups to occur such as the BBC
listen again page, but when I turn it off in the tools pop-up blocker menu, it
still does not allow the new browser window and confirms this in the status
line.

The only way I can get it to open the new window is by routing Jaws to PC and
clicking the left mouse button while holding down the control key.  I have
looked at the settings in the pop-up blocker sub-menu, but there is nothing
obvious there.

Has anyone else had any problems and if so how have they overcome this, if
indeed they have?  As always, thanks for any help.

Kind regards ... Scott