[jaws-uk] Re: Please could someone using the latest version of Jaws 8 take a look at a site for me.

  • From: "Phil Medway" <philmedway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:30:22 -0000

Hi Alexander,

Unfortunately, you split the URL by another piece of text.

The actual url, for George's benefit, is:
http://www.premier.org.uk/

I managed to get the site to stream audio but it uses flash so |I had to use
the Jaws cursor a lot and guess where there might be a link and use the
simulated mouse click i.e. JawsKey+numpad slash to activate them.  Also, the
site wants to download an activex item which your security software may
detect and ask you to confirm that you do really want to download this.
Having said all of that, the program ran through Windows media player.

In view of the difficulties with this site, it might be worth trying to get
the Torch Trust and/or RNIB involved in the negotiations with the
broadcasters of the channel.

Regards,

Phil Medway

philmedway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx