[jaws-uk] Please can you advise? a reply from Jim.

  • From: Colin Howard <colin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: goldwave4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 12:42:51 +0100

Greetings,

Jim came back with a solution, I paste it in below.

Turn off the labels this is done with shift+alt+l this is documented in
keyboard help.
I hope my removing of training mode did not cause you to much problem.  I
felt it was too much hand holding the messages were badly written and it did
not do anything that keyboard help didn't already do.
So try turning off the labels with alt+shift+l and let me know if that
helps. Maybe I should add this as verbosity settings the problem with this
is that the verbosity settings system has changed three times and adding
this would mean either writing code for at least two systems or dropping
support for older jaws versions before 9.  So I elected to use a toggle
switch.  Also it matched more how I myself use Goldwave.  Remember I wrote
these for my own enjoyment and so many of the features you find are there
simply because I find them useful.
You will also note that the jkm file has a toggle speech command so you can
turn off speech when you don't need it.  I find this another helpful feature
when using the mike in Goldwave.

I did as Jim suggested and yes, it works fine.

I suggested maybe as it would seem the default for alt-shift-l would seem to
have been "off" in older versions of the scripts, perhaps it might be a good
idea to include a readme.txt file detailing settings when scripts are first
installed.

From Colin Howard, who  lives near Southampton in
Southern England.