[jaws-uk] Re: Please can anybody help me with this website.

  • From: Colin r. Howard <colin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 11:57:30 +0100

Greetings,

I have a what appears to be useful response on the AccessUK list, which I
will paste in here.

From: Jonathan <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 11:04:49 +0100

Wow - that site really is quite...er...something! 2Mb just to load the
front page, and accessibility tool reports
"visually impaired users will find it impossible to use some pages"

OK, to answer Colin's question about the IOW stations, I'm managed to
dig out the following links:

Realplayer:
http://s3.viastreaming.net/7150/listen.ram

Windows media:
http://s3.viastreaming.net/7150/listen.asx

The one called "Listen - Itunes" is wrongly labelled, it's a pls playlist:
http://s3.viastreaming.net:7150/listen.pls

** Note from Colin, probably work in winAmp **

I feel they'd probably help themselves if they cut down the
advertising links too! Makes the actual radio rather hard to find!

The other problem is that it's just built from what's called a
"Moonfruit" template - a flash template where someone just fills in
the details.

Which makes it great for the people building it - no cost, no web
design skill needed.

For the end user, however, sometimes not so good.

From Colin Howard, who lives in a small place near Southampton and after a few
days, likes to change his signature as he thinks it gets boring!