[jaws-uk] Pixile points and seeing time in O.E

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 08:48:32 +0100

 Tiddy yes I have said I tried this simple well known key stroke first thing
off, it didn't do a thing. I then tried out Phill Clayton's and Phil Medway's
and Jim of The Gamages all gave similar advice, when I took it  indicated
however to get Jaws to read the Pixile count I had on the Word Received, as it
is the In box on that word type ALT and W. nothing prompts  you to do that but
a sighted visitor could AltandW and suggested trying it. Jaws then speaks
Pixiles Wide and you can change. but what is the point? It  didnot hold for
half a day, in fact the time in Inbox on desktop , laptop  never does this but
in the Ibox now this minute and that includes my normal  Inbox Jaws  in its own
list or folder. Possible all the subfolder willnot show time.  Now it
interesting that now if I do Alt space and X then time shows. I have to do this
 though several time each day, this  is abit of abind. Hence I ask and ask
again and again What is the relevance of the Pixile point setting? I have
raised it lowered  repeatedly. As I said All I know about Pixiles points is the
relevance if you are buying a TFT screen of  finding out if the  way the quote
it  is correct that is measurment taken  from centre of the point not edge.
That titbit was from Which Consumer Magazine  at least three years ago and may
not be  the slighted bitof use to a Jaws user, or  is it?nothing  worked as
they said.  Take the In box  I got down