[jaws-uk] Re: Phil Medway.My last with tony Berry's

  • From: "Phil Medway" <philmedway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:06:05 +0100

Hi again Dorothy,

The changes to Outlook express which I outlined only prevent further greater
than signs from being added to the original messages.

It may be that the stripper which Tiddy suggested will do more but, as I
have said previously, I haven't used it.

I hope that the following doesn't confuse further but I have my Jaws
punctuation set to "some", which prevents Jaws speaking signs such as
greater than and vertical bar signs in the first place.  This means that it
doesn't matter whether the signs are there or not because they are not
spoken anyway.

If I do receive a mail which includes such signs and they are important to
me, I just use the temporary settings to reinstate the setting just for that
mail.

If you need instructions for achieving that change let me know.

Regards,

Phil Medway.