[jaws-uk] Re: PdFs

  • From: "Phil Medway" <philmedway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 12:17:03 +0100

Hi Francis,

I am not certain where in the process you are finding difficulty so I'll try
to run through the whole thing as far as I can remember:

1.    follow the link:

2.    Press the letter b until you hear the continue button spoken.  If you
don't have a recent version of Jaws, you may have to tab through links etc
until you get to the same point.  Now, click the button.

3.    You are now presented with a page with a download button and a couple
of check boxes, both of which are checked.  One is to download the reader
and the other is to include the Google toolbar.  If you don't want the
Google toolbar, press the letter b or tab until you hear "Free Google
Toolbar" and ensure that this is unchecked by pressing the space bar.

4.    Press b or tab until you arrive at the download button and click it.

5.    At this point you may receive a message about the information bar.  If
you are not familiar with the Jaws method for accessing the information bar
it is probably easier to just close the message, find the level heading 1
which you can do in recent versions of Jaws by pressing the number 1 on the
top row of the keyboard, cursor down two or three times until you hear
"click here to download" and click that link.

6.    Now you should be in the familiar download dialogue where you can
choose where you want the file to reside on your pc.  The file is small and
starts with the letters "SCG" if I remember correctly.

7.    When the download is complete, run the downloaded file which will
initiate another larger download of the actual reader after which you are
invited to install the application.

I'm sorry this is so convoluted but that is how Adobe have made it.

HTH,

Phil Medway

philmedway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tel: 01869 347639