[jaws-uk] Re: PROBLEMS USING LISTEN AGAIN AFTER INSTALLING INTERNET EXPLORER 8

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 09:17:19 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Kevin,

This problem occurs when running IE8 and Jaws, but doesn't occur when running
Window Eyes or NVDA, so it is an incompatibility between Jaws and IE8. There is
a work around until the problem is fixed: before you open a link which opens
the iplayer, switch off the virtual pc cursor by pressing
insert + z. So on a page which contains a listen live link:
1. press insert + z, to switch off the virtual pc cursor.
2. press insert + f7 for the links list, and open the listen live link.
3. a new window should open and start playing.
4. you can press insert + z to turn the virtual pc cursor back on.

David.