[jaws-uk] Re: PROBLEMS IN USING THE AUDIBLE.CO.UK WEBSITE WITH VISTA HOME PREMIUM AND JAWS 9.0

  • From: "Iain Lackie" <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 21:44:15 -0000

Léonie
The only problem I have had with Audible is that for a while it seemed to
display the wrong download screen and just hang. The audible people were unable
to say why this was happening, especially as the right connection would
inconsistently be made eventually or (if I was lucky) on the first attempt. The
problem only occurred with Internet Explorer (version 6); using Webbie, Audible
worked every time. I am running Windows XP Pro with JAWS 6.2. On doing an
install of the Audible Manager and the Audible Download Manager, the problem
disappeared. How it arose and why it disappeared, no-one from Audible was able
to tell me. However, this procedure could well solve this other Audible problem.

Iain