[jaws-uk] PDF's Not Reading Properly

  • From: "Darran Ross" <darran.ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws-UK" <Jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 19:13:59 +0100

Hi List.

For a few weeks now I've been having a problem with PDF's whereby the JAWS
arrow keys aren't acting as expected.

If I've got a PDF open and press the down arrow key to read the next line,
instead of reading the line JAWS is reading the next word. Each downward
press of the arrow key advances me one word at a time!
 If I move by using either the left or right arrow keys, I go one letter at
a time as expected.

I've had a look through my settings in Adobe, but can't turn up anything
that looks like the correct option for this problem.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be going on? I've tried it with
various documents and versions of JAWS and they're all giving me the same
problem. The version of Acrobat Reader is version 9.0.0

Regards.

Darran